The International Organization for Medical Physics (IOMP) started a new newsletter, the first issue is here:
It may be very useful for those are engaged in all the fields of radiation medicine.
IOMP represents about 25,000 medical physicists worldwide and 86 adhering national member organisations and 1 affiliate.
The mission of IOMP is to advance medical physics practice worldwide by disseminating scientific and technical information, fostering the educational and professional development of medical physicists, and promoting the highest quality medical services for patients.
The objectives of the International Organization for Medical Physics are to organize international cooperation in medical physics and allied subjects; to contribute to the advancement of medical physics in all its aspects, especially in developing countries; and to encourage and advise on the formation of national organizations of medical physics in those countries which lack such organizations.
The objectives of the International Organization for Medical Physics are:
- To organize international cooperation in medical physics and to promote communication between the various branches of medical physics and allied subjects.
- To contribute to the advancement of medical physics in all its aspects.
- To advise on the formation of national organizations of medical physics in those countries which lack such organizations, and also the possible formation of national committees in those countries where there is more than one medical physics organization.
For these purposes it shall have the power:
- To set up bodies for specific purposes which will further the objectives of the organization.
- To organize and/or sponsor international conferences, regional and other meetings or courses. The time interval between each World Congress on Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering shall hereinafter in these Statutes and Bylaws be referred to as the period.
- To collaborate or affiliate with other scientific organizations.
- To develop any activity deemed helpful to the forwarding of its declared objectives.