From 29 May to 1 June 2018, a workshop on state registration of radiation sources and operation of the Register automated system was held in Kyiv. The event was held by the State Register for Radiation Sources (Register) under support of the Swedish Radiation Safety Authority (SSM).
The Register automated system is an electronic system for accounting and control of all radiation sources by their locations from the moment of arrival in the territory of Ukraine and till transport from the territory of Ukraine or transfer to a specialized enterprise for radioactive waste management, putting generating devices out of service according to the procedure established by legislation.
Under support of the Swedish Radiation Safety Authority, SSTC NRS experts have updated the automated system of the State Register for Radiation Sources. However, today the Register automated system requires a complete transfer to new forms of registration cards; continuous updating of information on radiation sources in the Register; registration of all radiation sources not exempted from regulatory control and used in Ukraine; improvement of forms of certificates on radiation sources and their owners; simplification of information exchange with SNRIU.
Employees of the Register, representatives of SNRIU territorial bodies: inspections on nuclear and radiation safety, SNRIU Radiation Safety Department, SSTC NRS participated in the workshop.
During the workshop, the participants:
- considered reports on registration of radiation sources in 2018 and information on general state of the database for radiation source registration;
- discussed the results of transfer to new forms of registration cards;
- generalized the main comments on information packages submitted by the registration centers to the Main Registration Center of the Register;
- assessed operation of the updated Register automated system (performed by Register experts);
- discussed proposals on amending the provisions of Cabinet Resolution On Establishing the State Register for Radiation Sources No.847 of 4 August 1997 and Procedure for State Registration of Radiation Sources approved by Cabinet Resolution No. 1718 of 16 November 2000.
SNRIU Press Service